Armored Duty Jacket
With ProWearGear soft body armor system, our Armored Jacket, provides 360 Upper Body Protection neck to thigh. These Jackets are designed for spike – blade – slash threats.
Protection is available in a choice of levels and are equivalent to NIJ Spike 1, 2, 3 and higher.
Our protective fabrics are incredibly light, lean, flexible and fire retardant (FR) yet inherently soft and flexible for a comfort – flex fit that mold easily to unique contours of men and women.
Protective Liner Options are available in Multiple Combinations
- CLASSIC 1, 2, or 3 – is spike-slash resistant for most threat protection; Classic 1 for light, Classic 2 for mid and Classic 3 meets NIJ Spike Level 3 Standard 0115.00, the highest NIJ rating for spike threats.
- ULTRA GUARD – is spike-blade-slash resistant and reduces internal bruising and trauma. When combined with CLASSIC 1, 2, or 3 as a base, ULTRA-GUARD exceeds protection equivalent to NIJ Spike Level 1, 2, or 3. The addition of ULTRA GUARD panels gives kick back to a knife’s impact to recoil energy back into the knife to reduce internal bruising and trauma. ULTRA GUARD is a ProWearGear patented fabric technology.
- To learn more about CLASSIC and ULTRA GUARD, visit the Protection Options Page.
Panels can be removed for cleaning, replacement. New layers can be added to expand a CLASSIC 1, 2, or 3 System into an ULTRA GUARD 1, 2, or 3 System.
Armored jackets – choice of 2 lengths:
- Standard – 30 inches
- Long – 36 inches
measured from neck base to lower hem.
External Jacket Carrier – choice of two fabric options.
- Standard: in ‘Commander’, a poly/cotton our fabric with lining; used in police gear.
- Custom: in fire-retardant (FR) fabric with lining, both have no-melt, no drip benefits.
- Agency Jacket Option: to maintain a uniform agency look, supply agency jacket to be fitted with removable protective liner.
- Collar: 5 inch wide Band, stand up style
- Deep Pockets: 2 at chest, 2 cargo near hem, 2 Inside at chest.
- Heavy duty front zipper.
- Hook and Loop strips front and back to hold agency raid patches.
- Radio Loop at shoulder.
- Agency Shoulder Patches can be applied if provided
Real World Scenarios
Field tests on ProWearGear fabrics confirm the following could not puncture these fabrics.
- Spyderco Police and Gerber Tactical Knives
- Cactus from Cholla to Barrel
- Broken Bottle Glass Shards
- Security Fences from Barb to Razor Wire
- Needles from
Hypodermic to Cattle Guage
- Police Dogs at National Trials
for Aggression Training
- 8’ Diamond Back Snake
No Venom Expelled
- Fire Retardant test was
No Drip No Melt