Armored Duty Jacket
Custom: Coyote Brown, Dark Navy, Safety Yellow, Safety Orange, Red
- Standard: 12 oz. ‘Commander’ 65/35 poly/cotton (p/c).
- Custom: 12 oz. Fire Retardant (FR) Shell.
- Detachable Hood can be armored or left plain
- Reflective Trim in choice of:
- Standard: Silver OR 2-tone Silver and Yellow
- Custom FR: Silver OR 2-tone Silver and Yellow
- Mesh Carrying Bag: keeps Jacket and panels together
for swift deployment and allows for air flow when not in use.
With ProWearGear soft body armor system, our Armored Jacket, provides 360 Upper Body Protection neck to thigh. These Jackets are designed for spike – blade – slash threats.
Protection is available in a choice of levels and are equivalent to NIJ Spike 1, 2, 3 and higher.
Our protective fabrics are incredibly light, lean, flexible and fire retardant (FR) yet inherently soft and flexible for a comfort – flex fit that mold easily to unique contours of men and women.
Protective Liner Options are available in Multiple Combinations
- CLASSIC 1, 2, or 3 – is spike-slash resistant for most threat protection; Classic 1 for light, Classic 2 for mid and Classic 3 meets NIJ Spike Level 3 Standard 0115.00, the highest NIJ rating for spike threats.
- ULTRA GUARD – is spike-blade-slash resistant and reduces internal bruising and trauma. When combined with CLASSIC 1, 2, or 3 as a base, ULTRA-GUARD exceeds protection equivalent to NIJ Spike Level 1, 2, or 3. The addition of ULTRA GUARD panels gives kick back to a knife’s impact to recoil energy back into the knife to reduce internal bruising and trauma. ULTRA GUARD is a ProWearGear patented fabric technology.
- To learn more about CLASSIC and ULTRA GUARD, visit the Protection Options Page.
Panels can be removed for cleaning, replacement. New layers can be added to expand a CLASSIC 1, 2, or 3 System into an ULTRA GUARD 1, 2, or 3 System.
Armored jackets – choice of 2 lengths:
- Standard – 30 inches
- Long – 36 inches
measured from neck base to lower hem.
External Jacket Carrier – choice of two fabric options.
- Standard: in ‘Commander’, a poly/cotton our fabric with lining; used in police gear.
- Custom: in fire-retardant (FR) fabric with lining, both have no-melt, no drip benefits.
- Agency Jacket Option: to maintain a uniform agency look, supply agency jacket to be fitted with removable protective liner.
- Collar: 5 inch wide Band, stand up style
- Deep Pockets: 2 at chest, 2 cargo near hem, 2 Inside at chest.
- Heavy duty front zipper.
- Hook and Loop strips front and back to hold agency raid patches.
- Radio Loop at shoulder.
- Agency Shoulder Patches can be applied if provided
Testing in the Real World
Field tests on ProWearGear fabrics confirm the following could not puncture these fabrics.
- Spyderco Police and Gerber Tactical Knives
- Cactus from Cholla to Barrel
- Broken Bottles of Glass Shards
- Security Fences from Barb to Razor Wire
- Medical Needles from
Hypodermic to Cattle Guage
- Police Dogs at National Trials
for Aggression Training
- 8’ Diamond Back Snake
No Venom Expelled
- Fire Retardant test was
No Drip No Melt